Friday, October 28, 2011

CopraPak

I was delighted to cook Coprapak on this Sunday evening. Thanks to my mother-in-law to teach me how it should be made.
This post is sent to My Diwali My Way Event announced by Kushi.


Ingredients:
  • Coconuts - 2 Nos
  • Sugar - 750g
  • Poppy Seeds - 2 tbsp
  • Cashewnuts - 100 gms
  • Ghee for frying - 2 tbsp
  • Ghee for grease - 2 tsp (depending on the plate size)
  • Cardamom powder (optional) - for taste - 2 tbsp
  • Baking Soda (optional) - 1 tbsp
Method:
  1. Grate the coconut
  2. Prepare the Sugar Syrup
  3. Fry poppy seeds and keep it aside
  4. Fry Cashewnuts and keep it aside
  5. Once the sugar syrup is ready, add coconut, poppy seeds and cashewnuts and stir continuously till all of them mix well into sugar syrup and it becomes thicker
  6. Grease a plate with ghee
  7. Pour the mixture and leave it to cool for sometime
  8. When the mixture is warm cut into desired shapes

0 comments: