Poriyal Podi-urad dhal:
It’s the second day of Blogging Marathon, and I have not broken my promise, of making one variety of dhal out of Seven Days of Delicious Dals.
While cooking, powders viz., Sambar Powder, Rasam Powder, Poriyal Podi/Palya Powder/Curry Powder will help you to make the things easily. Powders is not only restricted to these you can make anything which you feel it would be a must for your cooking. Other Powders are Masala Powder, cardamom powder, fenugreek powder, dry ginger powder. You name the ingredient a powder can be made out of it.
Today, I have selected urad dhal to make curry powder or poriyal podi.
- Urad dhal – 50 gms
- Ground nut seeds – 100 gms
- Fried Gram – 50 gms
- Red Chillies – 50 gms
|Fried Gram Dhal|
- Roast urad dhal till reddish brown or a kind of aroma comes out
- Roast red chillies but watch out it might get burnt out if it is roasted more, it should be roasted either with one teaspoon of oil or without any oil
- Roast ground nut seeds
- Remember, roast everything separately
- Add roasted ingredients with fried gram dhal and grind them to make a fine coarse powder
|Curry Powder/Poriyal Podi|
Today’s breakfast was Aloo Rice which is made so easily due to this curry powder. Here is the recipe:
- Chop aloos into small pieces
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in cooker
- Add mustard seeds wait till it splutters
- Add curry leaves and powdered salt
- Add chopped aloos to the above mixture and mix well
- Leave it for 3 whistles
- Once it cools down add curry powder and mix well
- Serve it with cucumber raita.
MLLA series is a monthly blog hop started by Susan @ The Well Seasoned Cook. Claire is hosting this month - Jan 2012 MLLA, the legume is "Dal" hence submitting this to her post which is a 43rd blog hop.
Sweet Heat Chilli Challenge is started by Lyndsey on Vanilla Clouds and Lemon Drops. This month is a 4th edition hosted by Michelle on Food, Football and a baby.