Sunday, January 29, 2012

TenkaiKarjikayalu:


Tenkai-Karjikayalu:

Tenkai Karjikayalu is my 5th day post for 2nd week of Blogging Marathon. My theme for this week is Kids Delight – Something Sweet.

I had done it on Saturday, 28th Jan 2012 when I cooked lunch for my family. Lunch comprised of Methi Dhal, Tomato Rasam, Rice and curds. Special entry was my sweet Tenkai Karjikayalu (tenga kolakottai or coconut rolls). Our breakfast for that day was Puri and after everybody having breakfast there was wheat flour (atta) remaining. It flashed my great brain why don’t I do this sweet. I asked my mom-in-law she told once lunch is ready I could make them; she said and went to sister-in-law’s place who stays nearby.

I was eager to make so I couldn’t wait, moreover my little son was sleeping, so it was a good time for me to do along with lunch. I kept sugar and water to become sugar syrup, and blended coconut in blender. Once sugar syrup was getting ready I added poppy seeds, cardamom powder, baby saffron and mixed well, add blended coconut to the mixture. I hope you remember I made little almond powder last week, I added them into this. As almond contains oil, it’s better to utilize them at the earliest.

Ingredients:
I had to eat 6 laddoos directly and myself, my son, and sis-in-law son, sis-in-law and co-brother it was over in no time.

Method:
Make small puris and keep coprapak laddoos in the center
Cover the dough properly so that laddoos doesn’t come out
Heat oil in a kadai and once it is full hot, keep it into medium flame and fry the rolls
Put it onto a vessel where the oil can be drained

Submitting this to:Blogging Marathon @ Spice your Life by Srivalli
This also makes an entry to

Kid's Delight - Something Sweet at Edible Entertainment by Kavitha Iyengar and this series were started by Srivalli in her blog.




New "U" event hosted by Vardhini.

11 comments:

I am totally loving this..YUMMY

Aarthi
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

Nico one, looks really yummy..

Good job hema delicious recipe.

look nice dear

http://preeti-kitchen.blogspot.com/

Nice to know you also made it..looks good..

TenkaiKarjikayalu looks delicious...

Interesting recipe and looks inviting too. Thx Hema for linking to the event.